Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Guest post by Abigail Chipps: Modesty is good

Modesty Is Good
~ By Abigail Chipps 

Girls now days struggle daily with the urge to follow the latest fads set by their peers and currant celebrities. This struggle is hard and is very legitimate! I myself have struggled with it!
  I believe God's plan for his daughters is for them to stay pure and clean to him and to the world, the fashions and fads now days leave nothing left to the imagination: an over exposure of legs and cleavage!
  While this may be the latest and greatest among your friends, it is very exposing and violating! Think about it, while you may want the hot popular guy to look at you and whistle, he is not the only one looking at you, young boys and older married men are seeing all this too!
  And also think about keeping your body for your soul mate! And not just any guy that happens to look your way! Think about how special and pure that is to keep your body hidden and clean and unseen until marriage! That thought alone keeps me happy being modest!! It puts joy in my heart!!
  All of you girls have your family values, and your own personal beliefs and I do not mean in any way to seem like I am forcing my opinions down your throat!!
  All I can say is that I advise you to obey the families values and keep following your parents instructions!! They might seem dumb now! But when you have made a few mistakes as I have you will realize that boundaries and limits are what ground us and keep us safe!
 
Thank you all for reading, I hope you found encouragement!!!
~ Abigail


Special thank you to Abigail for writing on a topic I struggle to express! 
Thank you for the encouragement sister!  

2 comments:

  1. It was my pleasure!!! Thank you for letting me contribute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem thank you for the article it touched me , and helped rekindle the fire that sometimes needs some fuel !!

      Delete