Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Graceful Adorning

 Should Christian women cover there hair? I'd say YES.
http://eyes2jesus.blogspot.com/2011/11/headcovering-corner.html

Downloadable book for deeper studying :https://archive.org/details/headcover
 Very great research on 1 Corinthians 11:6 and 11:15 . Convicting.


I would like to make a personal note about the link to the e-book above. Starting on page 34 there is a blog post copied and inserted in the book. Towards the end of the post (page 39) the blog author (not the book author) strays a little bit into some theology or doctrine I am unfamiliar with in regards to 3rd heaven, “half-demonic” men , and some other things.

Please know I am not affiliated with either of these people and may not 100% agree with there other theology.

Please do not be turned away from this resource. It is helpful in studying for truth. My purpose I sharing is that we as christian women may follow God’s commands and live our lives to the fullest in Him.

other books (all free) :

http://www.coveredglory.com/studies.html 

http://www.headcoveringmovement.com/ebooks



Now after reading I need to find something to cover my hair with sooo I'm doing some looking around.

Tichel: (Not my favorite style but would work on occasion)

/perfect-poise/ Tichel in pink

/what-a-softie/ Tichel in black and white


Garlands Of Grace (GOG):

/cecilys-victorian-lace-in-vanilla-cream/

cafe-cream-lace-stretch-cecily/ ivory 

cecilys-classic-lace-in-ivory/

So those are the coverings I like / am considering




Why I feel convicted to cover:



  • It demonstrates God, and daddy’s authority over me and my submission to both
  • As a mid-teens, single woman I have come to realize how much power we have in the way we present our selves/ dress. To me covering is another form of modesty. (I also say this because in books I have listened to, movies I have watched I have seen a repeating pattern, men are drawn to our hair. Yes it sounds funny but I believe it is true.)
  • When I pray I prefer my face to be covered. I remember once I went to some ones house and had done up my hair, then when we went down for supper and the prayer was prayed I felt out of sorts even embarrassed not having my face covered during the pray. Since then I’ve made sure to have my hair mostly down when a prayer is possible. (Sorry that was long winded. :D)
  • I feel more feminine
  • I’d consider myself a mix of a old-fashion-prairie /farm-girl-hippie (slightly conventional) want-to-be.

My struggles with covering:

  • I live in a major college town…… that should say a lot right there. I feel a lot of social pressure (because of all the “trying to be sexy” worldly teens, and twenty somethings) to go with the flow and be “normal”. it’s hard the temptation is so real. I wish more and more we lived in the country the older I get.
  • I don’t like drawing attention to myself.
  • I would likely (at this point) be the only covering lady in our house hold.






So there are a few of my thoughts on that.





Your sister striving for Him,

~Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment