Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Why defunding and ending abortion isn't enough

Note:
I wanted to write this in the wake of the  governor of my state calling a special session this summer to pass tighter regulations on abortion.

Pro-life, yes that's good, shut down abortion clinics and shut down PPH, okay you got me there.

But wait what about these pregnant women, they do need help even if they don't get abortions! They can just go get back street (awful, awful) abortions that are far more dangerous, or other horrible things. These women may not receive proper pre-natal care, childbirth care, and postpartum care.
I was a volunteer at a christian crisis pregnancy center for about 9 months sept. - april and it opened my eyes to a whole new level of the meaning PRO-LIFE
Y'all we can't just lobby for abortion clinics to be shut down and when they are just walk saying mission accomplished! We still have to think about the poor women who really have no way of raising a child! We have to support them, help them and show Christ's love to them. It isn't enough to just end abortion! We want abortion to end because we believe that everyone is fearfully and wonderfully made right, or that murder is wrong ... right?
 Didn't Jesus say that what ever we do to the least of these we have done to Him?

We need to care for these lost, hurting, women. Some of these women didn't have a voice on how they got pregnant. We need to help those who would seek abortions, with out shaming them. Scare tactics don't work.  

My brain is a little scattered so if this post is scattered please confuse me, I'm in a Rouge One star wars fog. (Officially my favorites star wars movie) πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment